Halloween Pumpkin or jack-o-lantern is a traditional symbol. Everyone decorates their houses and put at least 1 big pumpkin lantern for Halloween decoration. On the other hand, some people spend a lot on pumpkins for a huge to the tiny. Along with happiness, festivals bring lots of works -cleaning, cooking, attending guests, and parties make you tired. But what to do with those pumpkins after the celebration? Throwing in the bin is not a good idea especially when you can cook some yummy dishes and actually enjoy it. Share Some Easy Ways To Cook Pumpkins After Halloween today.
Yes! you can cook Pumpkins after Halloween. From sweet yummy desserts to salty and spicy snacks, there is a list of easy yummy pumpkin recipes. You can try all of these and you’ll be amazed to see the final dish.
Also, check out- Christmas cake icing.
Some Easy Ways To Cook Pumpkins After Halloween
Cook pumpkins in three easy ways- Make a pumpkin dessert, cook it spicy, or keep it classy salty. Here are some of my easy recipes to cook pumpkins differently.
Pumpkin puree is not a dish but it can be used as the main ingredient in many pumpkins dishes. It is very easy to prepare and it makes the process of making pumpkin desserts or snacks much easier. Let’s start with the process.
For Pumpkin puree, you need only pumpkins. It doesn’t need any extra ingredients.
- Peel of the pumpkin
- Cut your Halloween pumpkin into small cubes
- wash the pieces thoroughly with water
- Take a pan and heat it on the stove
- pour some water and let it boil
- put all the pieces in the boiling water
- let it cook for 20-30 minutes
- poke a fork to check whether it is cooked or not
- Each piece must be buttery soft
- now take out the pumpkin pieces and let it cool
- At the end Blend/ Smash or grind them into a smooth paste-like texture
- Your Pumpkin puree is ready, store in a jar and put it into a refrigerator
You can store it for 2-3 weeks easily in the refrigerator. Use it for pumpkin pie, pudding, or cakes, it’ll make the whole process of cooking very easy.
*Tips– heat some butter or vegetable oil in a pan. Pour the pumpkin puree in it. Stir it well and let it reduce the water in the puree. This technique will help it to last longer than ordinary.
Salty & Spicy ways to cook Pumpkins
Mainly people think of dessert whenever think of cooking a pumpkin. But I Love salty and spicy pumpkin you can acc chili, salt, and spices according to your taste.
Fried Pumpkin slices
This is the easiest way to cook and eat pumpkins. You can eat these pumpkins as starters or as a side dish with your main dish. The process of frying pumpkins is very easy.
Wash your pumpkin and cut it into 2-3 big pieces (if you have big pumpkin). You have to peel off the skin first. There is no need to peel it completely if you cannot. But keep in mind big pumpkins have thick hard skin which can ruin the joy and it will take a longer time to get cooked.
You just have to peel the pumpkins and Wash it once again if you want. Now cut it into small thin pieces. I like to keep it long and thin. Then sprinkle some salt, a pinch of turmeric, some chili powder, and some sugar. Toss it well or you can use your fingers to mix it well.
Leave the pumpkin pieces to marinate for 5-10 minutes. You can start cooking right after mixing all the ingredients but I love marinating it. The salty taste gets into the pieces and makes it more flavorful.
Now after the marination, you have to pour some oil in a hot pan. Let the oil get heated and place all the pieces in the pan. leave it covered for 2-3 minutes and flip each piece and cook another part too. You can deep fry the pumpkins but I prefer shallow fry. You pumpkin fry is ready.
Spicy Pumpkin Curry
There are two ways of cooking pumpkin curry. The first one is adding fried pumpkin dices to the gravy. The second way is even easier, you can prepare the gravy and add raw pumpkins to it.
To make great you’ll need-
2-3 tbs oil, Tomato 1, Onions 2-3 (medium), Green chilly 2-3 (according to your taste), garlic ginger paste, Cumin seeds (1 pinch), Turmeric, Salt, a pinch of sugar, Some coriander leaves.
- Heat the pan and add some cumin seed to it. Let it crackle for some time.
- Add the sliced onions to the pan and fry it changes its color.
- Keep stirring the onions and let it get golden brown.
- Add turmeric, salt, chili powder, and a pinch of sugar to it.
- You can add more spices like coriander powder, cumin seed powder but I like the simple recipe
- Now add 1tbs ginger garlic paste and keep moving it.
- Fry the spices with onions and add tomatoes for a tangy taste.
- Add water at the end.
- Give the gravy a nice boil and add pumpkin lives to it.
- You can add raw pumpkin or add fried pumpkins.
- If you are adding raw pumpkins, do not forget to cover the lid and cook it for 4-5 minutes
Your pumpkin spicy curry is ready to serve. Serve it with rice and enjoy your meal.
This is one of my favorite pumpkin snacks. It is even very easy to prepare and the best service for an evening snack. This is not for persons on diet. You should try this once and I’m sure you are going to love it.
For Pumpkin easy snacks you’ll need- Gram flour or cornflour, salt, turmeric, bishop’s weed, or carom seed, black seeds, asafoetida, chili powder, pumpkins, and vegetable oil.
- Take some gram flour in a bowl.
- Add salt, turmeric, bishop’s weed, or carom seed, black seeds, asafoetida, chili powder
- Mix all the ingredients well with the help of a spoon
- Now slowly add water and make a better or medium consistency
- Not cut the pumpkin into small pieces and wash it properly
- Heat a pan and add oil it (you have to deep fry the pumpkins)
- Now take 1 pumpkin piece to dip it in the batter properly
- put the batter coated pumpkin in the oil and let it cook for 2-3 minutes
- do the same process with all the pieces
*Try to cut the pumpkin into thin pieces, it’ll get cooked quickly. For the batter, you can use cornflour if gram flour is not available. You can also use all-purpose flour or wheat flour.
Do try this pumpkin easy snack and let me know your experience in the comment box.
Spicy Pumpkin Pancakes
After a yummy evening snack, how can I forget to share yummy morning breakfast? Here is a quick pumpkin pancake for morning breakfast or you can enjoy it in your evening snack session too.
For this pancake recipe, I recommend using pumpkin puree. you can use finely chopped pumpkins too. You will need some flour around 2-3 cups. Increase and decrease the quantity according to your need.
You will need salt, chilies (green chili or red chili powder), I prefer adding chopped green chilies. Add water to make a nice smooth batter, it must be a bit thinner than a cake batter.
Add pumpkins or pumpkin puree to the batter. I some times Love adding finely chopped veggies and onion for more flavor. You can do that too.
After preparing the batter, it’s time to make a nice spicy pumpkin pancake. For me, this is one of the best ways to cook pumpkins after Halloween.
Heat the pan spread some oil and then spread the batter on it. You can make whatever shape you like and serve it with ketchup.
Also, check out-Different Things To Do With Cake Mix?
There are a lot of dishes I have tried with pumpkins. And believe me, all of them turn out so amazing and delicious. I started making some of them in my daily life. Sweet and salty pancakes are one of my favorite morning pancakes. You can try experimenting with pumpkin and explore many new dishes.
I hope you enjoyed the post and hope you’ll enjoy the dishes even more. Do not forget to write a comment about your pumpkin dishes, I would love to hear from you.