This is a festive season and Halloween is one of the biggest “tricks & treat “festivals. If you are a festival lover you would never skip buying jack-o-lantern for Halloween decorations. But along with happiness, festivals bring lots of cleaning, cooking, attending guests, and parties work that make you tired. After Halloween Most of you start searching for – “How to cook Halloween Pumpkin?” easy and simple ways.
You can cook curry, spicy snacks, pancakes, and many more things with Halloween pumpkins. I have tried many different dishes and trust me pumpkin can be super delicious. From pancake to pie and from curry to fries, pumpkin can win your heart. Pumpkins are a bit sweeter and you can do many things with it.
Also, do not forget to check out these posts-
Different Things To Do With Cake Mix?
Different Things To Do With Cake Mix?
How to cook Halloween pumpkin?
You can make pumpkin puree to cook different pumpkin dishes. It will make your work easy as you can add the puree to the batter and bake a cake or cook pancakes. Most of the pumpkin recipes can be prepared using pumpkin puree.
You can make some easy spicy yummy pumpkin snacks. Or you can try some of my favorite desserts that I am sharing here today.
For this pudding, you will need Pumpkin (grated or puree), Some butter, Milk, and lots of sugar. You can also use roasted dry fruits for crunchiness or for garnishing. I Love pudding with lots of cashews and pistachios. Keep in mind peanuts have a sweet aroma and taste. As a result, it can change the whole taste. I recommend not to add peanuts, add almonds rather.
- First of all Cut and peel the pumpkins
- Then you have to make a puree
- For the puree, you can boil pumpkin and mash them
- Or you can simply grind raw pumpkins (it’ll take a little more time to cook)
- If you do not want to use puree use a grater and grate the pumpkins
- Now heat a pan and put some butter in it
- You can also use vegetable oil (odorless is recommended)
- Now Put 2-3 bay leaves if you Line the aroma
- Pour the pumpkin puree or grated pumpkins into the pan
- You have to keep moving the spatula till it changes color
- Keep the flame on low to medium
- Add full cream milk and give it a nice boil
- You can increase the flame to high if your pudding seems to be very thin
- Keep stirring and cooking pumpkins until you get the perfect texture and color
- The consistency must be creamy and thick when you switch off the flame
- Let it for a few minutes and add sugar
- Add dry fruits at the very end and your pumpkin pudding is ready to taste
I generally love to eat cold puddings. That’s why I put my pumpkin pudding into the refrigerator for some time. this is a yummy dessert to enjoy after a meal, especially after lunch.
Easy Peasy pudding
For this easy peasy, You will need a pudding mix, pumpkin puree, sugar, and milk.
- Take a pan, put it on flame
- Pour some milk
- Give it a boil
- Switch off the stove and let it cool for some minutes
- Add pudding mix and pumpkin puree
- Then add sugar and dry fruits if you like
- Mix all these using a spoon
- Let it sit and get thicken
- And put it in the refrigerator before serving
- Serve in small cups or bowls
I usually make it thicker as compared to normal pudding. The texture and consistency should be similar to Ice cream. Even when you will cool the pudding it’ll give you the same joy.
How to cook Pumpkin Pan Cakes after Halloween?
Just prepare your pancake batter and add pumpkins to make pancakes. You can use all-purpose flour or any of your favorite pancake flour. I usually use all-purpose flour for this pancake and avoided adding eggs. But you can definitely add eggs as you usually do for pancakes. Eggs will help your pancakes to get that soft fluffiness.
- Take some flour and add sugar to it
- Add pumpkin puree and pour some milk
- Mix all the ingredients properly
- We need a medium consistency pancake batter
- You can also add eggs for more fluffiness
- Now heat a pan
- apply some butter
- Pour some pancake mix on the pan and give it shape using a spoon
- Flip the pancake when one side is cooked brown
- When cooked both sides, serve hot
How to cook Pumpkin pie after Halloween?
You can make easy pumpkin pie filling and Follow the usual apple pie cooking steps.
Prepare the pumpkin pie filling as you do for apple pie fillings. Just use pumpkins instead of apples, this is very simple. For this pumpkin pie filling you need some sliced pumpkins, butter, teaspoon cinnamon, sugar, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 2-3 Tablespoons water.
- Heat the pan and put some butter in it
- Put all the pumpkin slices and stir
- Now put sugar and very little water
- Cover the pan and cook for a few minutes
- Again stir and cover the lid
- add cornstarch and some more water
- cook it until it pumpkins get mushy
- Let it cook for a few more seconds
- switch off the stove, cover it and let it sit for some time
Your pumpkin pie filling is all ready to fill. Pumpkins are not similar to apples and take a little more time to cook. You might need to add a bit more water to the mix.
I usually add eggs to make my pumpkin cake more fluffy. You can skip egg if you are vegan. For this simple and super quick pumpkin cake recipe, I beat 2-3 egg whites. Add powdered sugar slowly and keep beating until I get the exact consistency.
Add some all-purpose flour and add pumpkin puree at the end. Them mix all the ingredients using a spatula and bake it. This is my simple way to cook pumpkin cake. Do let me know if you need a detailed pumpkin cake recipe or you have some tips to prepare it.
There are thousands of different ways to cook and bake cakes. You might feel that this is not the correct way but it tastes amazing and I love it. The best thing is that it takes very less time as compared to a traditional cake.
Again for a Pumpkin ice cream you need to prepare pumpkin puree first. If you don’t know how to cook Halloween pumpkin, you need to check out the pumpkin puree recipe first.
Heat a pan and put some mint into it. Give it a nice boil and keep staring at it. You have to make the milk a little denser. Add pumpkin puree and cook for some time. Sprinkle cardamom powder and sugar then mix it well. Take the mix out in a big bowl, wrap a foil, and cover the lid.
You have to keep the ice cream mix for 3-4 hours in the fridge. After that, take it out again mix it well until it becomes a little thin. Again wrap the foil paper, cover the lid, and put it into the fridge for another 4-5 hours untouched. Enjoy your yummy pumpkin Ice cream.
I hope now- “How to cook pumpkin after Halloween” is not a thought question for you. Please try these recipes and do let me know how you like it the most. I’ll be waiting for your comment. Happy Halloween!